Fall Is for Planting!
Trees and shrubs are an important part of our local ecosystem. They help mitigate climate change, provide food and habitat for birds and wildlife, clean our air and water, stabilize the soil, and bring beauty and cooling shade to landscapes.
Fall is the best time to plant trees and shrubs in the South. Review slides from a recent class, taught by Charlotte Glen, Chatham County Extension Horticulture Agent, to learn how to:
- Prepare your soil for planting
- Plant trees and shrubs the right way
- Care for newly planted trees and shrubs
- Select the right trees and shrubs for your yard
- Great trees and shrubs for Chatham County landscapes
Review the slides from this program (PDF files):
November is Arbor Month in Chatham County – Celebrate by planting a tree!
Use Extension Search to find research based information from Cooperative Extension systems across the U.S.
Subscribe to the Chatham Gardener email list to receive timely updates on sustainable lawn, garden, and landscape care for the central NC Piedmont.