Registration Open for the Chatham Senior Education Conference
Join the N.C. Cooperative Extension, Chatham County Center and the Chatham County Council on Aging for the 2018 Fall Chatham Senior Education Conference on November 7th at the Chatham County Agriculture & Conference Center in Pittsboro.
Keynote speaker, Dr. James Johnson, will present on the “Browning & Graying of America,” a talk discussing the implications of immigration for an aging population.
Registration fee is $25 and includes lunch. Tickets can be purchased online through Eventbrite.
Educational Session Topics Include:
- Tax Reform: Financial and Estate Planning
- Taking Care of the Caregiver
- Staying Safe in the Hospital
- Composting Kitchen & Garden Waste
- Advanced Care Planning and Advanced Directives
- Autumn & Winter’s Useful Wild Plants
- The MIND Diet: Protecting Our Brains as We Age
- Downsizing: Reflections on Your Current Life
- Understanding Medical Aid in Dying (MAID)
- Farm Transition Planning
- Fraud and Scams Awareness
- Nia Technique: Moving to Heal
For additional information, please feel free to contact the N.C. Cooperative Extension, Chatham County Center at 919-542-8202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NC State University and N.C. A&T State University commit themselves to positive action to secure equal opportunity and prohibit discrimination and harassment regardless of age, color, disability, family and marital status, genetic information, national origin, political beliefs, race, religion, sexual identity (including pregnancy), and veteran status. NC State, N.C. A&T, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and local governments cooperating. Persons with disabilities and persons with limited English proficiency may request accommodations to participate by contacting Ginger Cunningham, County Extension Director, at 919.542.8202, email@example.com, or in person at the County Extension Office at least 30 days prior to the event.