Resources for identifying aquatic plants and weeds:
- NC State Turf Files – Aquatic Weeds
- NC State Aquatic Weed Management
- Download NCSU’s FREE Aquatic Plant ID App!
- NC Environmental Quality – Aquatic Weeds found in NC
- USDA National Invasive Species Information Center
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension – AquaPlant Plant ID
Resources for managing aquatic weeds:
- NC Agricultural Chemicals Manual – Aquatic Weed Control
- NC State – Aquatic Plant Management Publications
- NCDENR Aquatic Weed Control Program
- NCDA – Grass Carp Sources
- Filamentous Algae – Conditions and Control, Clemson Extension
- SE US Aquatic Weed Crop Profiles, USDA Regional IPM Centers
- University of Florida – Center for Aquatic and Invasive Plants
Pond and fish management resources:
- NC Extension Pond Management Guide
- NCSU Extension Fisheries Resources
- For assistance with pond design and construction, contact your local Natural Resource Conservation Service District Conservationist. In Chatham County, contact Mike Sturdivant. Find the district conservationist for your county
- For questions about fish health, contact the NC Wildlife Resource Commission – Division of Inland Fisheries District Biologist for your region.
Use Extension Search to find research based information from Cooperative Extension systems across the U.S.