Culinary Herbs – Fall Tips
Find this page at:
- Watch out for caterpillars and aphids.
- Sow parsley, dill, cilantro and other cool season herbs in the garden for fall harvest. These herbs will survive light frost. Parsley can survive outdoors all winter.
- Sow basil seed for a final crop. Keep in mind frost will kill basil plants.
- Complete the harvest of any warm season herbs before the first frost, which usually occurs the last week of October.
- Pull warm season herb plants out of the garden after frost.
- Continue to harvest perennial and cool season herbs.
- If you did not trim lavender and rosemary plants back by 1/3 around Valentine’s Day, do so around Thanksgiving to keep plants full and compact.