Growing Fruits and Berries 101
Tuesday, March 1, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 2, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
In the auditorium of the Agriculture Building, 65 E. Chatham St., Pittsboro.
Note: This is the same workshop offered on two different dates to accommodate participants’ schedules and keep class size small.
Harvesting home-grown fruits and berries is one of the greatest rewards your garden can offer, but also one of the most challenging. This free Extension Gardener class will explore the essential information you need to know to successfully cultivate fruits and berries in central NC.
Topics to be covered include which types of fruits and berries can realistically be grown in Chatham and surrounding counties, recommended varieties and their pollination needs, site selection, soil preparation, planting and maintenance practices, and sustainable pest management practices that will maximize your chances of success.
This workshop is free but registration is required by February 27. To register:
- Online: http://go.ncsu.edu/2016egfruits
- Call: Chatham Cooperative Extension at 919-542-8202
Persons with disabilities and persons with limited English proficiency may request accommodations to participate by contacting Sam Groce, County Extension Director, at 919-542-8202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person at the Chatham County Extension Center at least 14 days prior to the event.
- For more resources on growing fruits and berries in central NC, visit: https://chatham.ces.ncsu.edu/extension-gardener-class-5
- Other Extension Gardener programs scheduled for 2016: http://go.ncsu.edu/chatham-extension-gardener
Upcoming Fruit Pruning Demonstrations
Correct pruning is an essential part of fruit cultivation. Mark your calendars and plan to attend these upcoming demonstrations – complete details and registration information will be posted very soon!
- Blueberry Pruning Demonstration, Saturday, Feb. 27: learn more
- Fruit Tree Pruning Demonstration, Saturday, March 12: learn more
- Email email@example.com or call 919-542-8202
Use Extension Search to find research based information from Cooperative Extension systems across the U.S.
Visit your local Cooperative Extension center to learn more about gardening and landscape care. Find your county Extension center or post your questions to be answered online via Extension’s ‘Ask an Expert’ widget.
Subscribe to the Chatham Gardener email list to receive timely updates on sustainable lawn, garden, and landscape care for the central NC Piedmont. To subscribe:
- Visit: http://go.ncsu.edu/subscribecg
- Scroll down to enter your email address in the “address” box
- Click on the subscribe button