Growing Fruits and Berries 101
Tuesday, March 1, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 2, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
In the auditorium of the Agriculture Building, 65 E. Chatham St., Pittsboro.
Note: This is the same workshop offered on two different dates to accommodate participants’ schedules and keep class size small.
Harvesting home-grown fruits and berries is one of the greatest rewards your garden can offer, but also one of the most challenging. This free Extension Gardener class will explore the essential information you need to know to successfully cultivate fruits and berries in central NC.
Topics to be covered include which types of fruits and berries can realistically be grown in Chatham and surrounding counties, recommended varieties and their pollination needs, site selection, soil preparation, planting and maintenance practices, and sustainable pest management practices that will maximize your chances of success.
This workshop is free but registration is required by February 27. To register:
- Online: http://go.ncsu.edu/2016egfruits
- Call: Chatham Cooperative Extension at 919-542-8202
- For more resources on growing fruits and berries in central NC, visit: https://chatham.ces.ncsu.edu/extension-gardener-class-5
Upcoming Fruit Pruning Demonstrations
Correct pruning is an essential part of fruit cultivation. Mark your calendars and plan to attend these upcoming demonstrations – complete details and registration information will be posted very soon!
- Blueberry Pruning Demonstration, Saturday, Feb. 27: learn more
- Fruit Tree Pruning Demonstration, Saturday, March 12: learn more
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-542-8202
Use Extension Search to find research based information from Cooperative Extension systems across the U.S.
Subscribe to the Chatham Gardener email list to receive timely updates on sustainable lawn, garden, and landscape care for the central NC Piedmont.