Woodland Stewards Webinar Series Coming February 2020
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Registration Now Open
Join other woodland landowners throughout the region to learn how to better care for your woodlands. The “Woodland Stewards Webinar Series” is a regional Extension course being offered in four sessions occurring each Thursday evening from 7–8:30 p.m. in February 2020. Each session will be hosted by the N.C. Cooperative Extension, Chatham County Center from February 6 – February 27 at the Chatham County Agriculture & Conference Center.
This webinar series is being offered free of charge, but advanced registration is required. To register, please contact Ginger Cunningham at (919) 542-8202 or email@example.com with the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Webinar Attendance Date(s): Feb. 6, 13, 20, and/or 27
For more information regarding each webinar topic, please see the session descriptions below:
- February 6, 2020: 7–8:30 p.m. Woodland Management: What is Right for You and Your Woodland? Managing your woodlands to grow healthy forests and produce revenue depends on making the right choices for your location. This session will help woodland owners to understand how stand dynamics and market considerations are used in the application of management.
- February 13, 2020: 7–8:30 p.m. Understanding the Financial Aspects of Woodland Management. This session provides an overview of financial factors that affect your woodland management such as when to re-plant, when to thin, when to harvest, when to use cost-share programs, and more.
- February 20, 2020: 7–8:30 p.m. More than Timber: Income Opportunities from Non-timber Forest Products. There are a range of possibilities to generate income from your woodlands that depend on your location, forest type, and more, in addition to timber management compatibility, too. In this session, learn more about the opportunities to generate income from your woodlands.
- February 27, 2020: 7–8:30 p.m. Your Woodland Legacy: Intact, In Forest, and In Family Ownership. Most woodland owners cite legacy as one of their main reasons for owning land, and a large majority express concern over their ability to keep the land intact. This session is designed to help you find the best way to pass this legacy intact to your heirs.
NC State University and N.C. A&T State University commit themselves to positive action to secure equal opportunity and prohibit discrimination and harassment regardless of age, color, disability, family and marital status, genetic information, national origin, political beliefs, race, religion, sexual identity (including pregnancy), and veteran status. NC State University, N.C. A&T State University, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and local governments cooperating. Persons with disabilities and persons with limited English proficiency may request accommodations to participate by contacting Ginger Cunningham, County Extension Director, at 919.542.8202, firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person at the office at least 30 days prior to the event.