Chatham County Pony Express: Free Fair Entry Delivery for Chatham County Residents
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Have you ever wanted to enter items into the NC State Fair for judging, but thought “I just don’t have time this year,” or “It will take most of my day to travel to Raleigh?” The N.C. Cooperative Extension, Chatham County Center Pony Express Provides Early & Quick Entry For Community Members.
Are you a craftsman, artist, seamstress, food preserver, beekeeper, etc…
Adult or Youth and wish to enter your items in the North Carolina State Fair?
Participation is Easy!
Location for Item Drop Off: N.C. Cooperative Extension, Chatham County Center Located at the Chatham County Agriculture Center (1192 U.S. 64 West Business Suite 400, Pittsboro, NC 27312)
Date to Drop off Items by: October 4 and 5, 2021, from 8 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
No live exhibits or perishable exhibits will be accepted. This includes but is not limited to flowers, livestock, cakes, etc.
- Bring your non-perishable items to the N.C. Cooperative Extension of Chatham County office wrapped & packed securely for transport. Please label your box with your name and phone number. Please tape a copy of your online receipt from your NC State Fair registration, showing the items being sent have been entered online. (Please be mindful of registration deadlines as many are in the month of September)
- For more information on registering your items online please see the NC State Fair Competition page.
- Your entries will be picked up at the N.C. Cooperative Extension, Chatham County Center by Kaley Lawing, CRD/ 4-H Extension Agent, and transported to the North Carolina State Fair for judging and display.
- Only items picked up on the Chatham County Pony Express will be returned by the Pony Express. No items will be added to the return list of items that are dropped off by exhibitors at the fairgrounds after the Pony Express has run.
- Items will be returned to the N.C. Cooperative Extension, Chatham County Center after the fair by October 26 and held until Friday, October 29 for pick up. After October 29 items that have not been picked up will be discarded.
- Any prize money will be mailed directly to you. (Must provide Social Security number / W-9 to receive payment.)
This is a free service provided to you by the N.C. Cooperative Extension, Chatham County Center. N.C. Cooperative Extension, Chatham County Center is not responsible for damaged items or missing items entered into the NC State Fair.
For questions please contact Kaley Lawing at firstname.lastname@example.org.