Camp Registration Update: 2023 4-H Summer Camp Enrollment Begins April 13th
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Registration opens for Chatham County 4-H camps on April 13th. Chatham County 4-H is offering both day and residential camp programs once again this summer! We’re excited to offer these fun educational learning opportunities for youth in the community, and thanks to the continued generous support of the United Way of Chatham County, we will be able to provide need-based scholarships to qualifying families as well.
Below is a listing of camp offerings for Summer 2023:
4-H Adventure Day Camp (Weeklong Camp) **CAMP FULL**
Who: Youth ages 5-12
What: Fun-filled day camp for 5-12 year olds. Campers will participate in educational sessions, craft sessions, recreational games, fishing, paddle boating, and much, much more! Campers will need to bring a bag lunch each day, except for Friday (4-H will provide an end-of-camp celebratory luncheon that day). Enrollment space is limited.
When: June 12-16 (Mon. – Fri.), 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Note: No arrivals before 8:20 a.m. Campers must be dropped off and picked up on time; a fee will be assessed for late pick-ups.)
Where: Northwest District Park (2413 Woody Store Road, Siler City, NC 27344)
Cost: $75 (Limited number of need-based scholarships are available; please inquire with the Cooperative Extension/4-H office for more information on how to apply.)
Who: Youth ages 8-14
What: Enjoy a fun-filled week with enthusiastic Chatham County Master Gardener Volunteers. Come and learn about plants, fruits, veggies, soil, insects and ecology through games and hands-on activities. Think butterfly nets, terrariums and scavenger hunts! The week concludes with a field trip to the NC Botanical Gardens at UNC-CH (transportation provided). Wear comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing and closed toe shoes to be prepared for an awesome week! Enrollment space is limited.
When: June 26-30 (Mon. – Fri.), 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Note: No arrivals before 8:50 a.m. Campers must be dropped off and picked up on time; a fee will be assessed for late pick-ups.)
Where: Cooperative Extension/4-H office at the Chatham County Ag & Conference Center (1192 US Hwy 64W Business, Pittsboro, NC 27312)
Cost: $75 (Limited number of need-based scholarships are available; please inquire with the Cooperative Extension/4-H office for more information on how to apply.) Registration deadline: June 1, 2023.
Who: Youth ages 11-14
What: Exciting day camp opportunity for 11-14 year olds with a focus on cooking! Campers will join Tara Gregory, FCS Agent for the Chatham County Center, to learn some new skills (and delicious recipes) in the kitchen! Campers will be making their lunch during the camp session. Enrollment space is limited to 12 youth per session.
When: Four sessions will be offered on the following dates: July 12, 19, 26, and August 2nd, 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Note: No arrivals before 9:20 a.m. Campers must be dropped off and picked up on time; a fee will be assessed for late pick-ups.) Each session varies with content and recipes, so youth attending multiple sessions will have the opportunity to try out new recipes:
- July 12th – Focus on Knife Skills and Cooking Methods, Part 1
- July 19th – Focus on Baking, Part 1
- July 26th – Focus on Knife Skills and Cooking Methods, Part 2
- Aug. 2nd – Focus on Baking, Part 2
Where: Chatham County Cooperative Extension Teaching Kitchen (1192 US Hwy 64W Business, Pittsboro, NC 27312)
Cost: $30 per day session (Limited number of need-based scholarships are available; please inquire with the Cooperative Extension/4-H office for more information on how to apply.)
Who: Youth ages 9-18
What: Join us for a day of exploring what agriculture has to offer! Youth will travel to the Moore County Extension Office with Ag Extension Agent Kristina Britt to tour several local farms in the morning, so closed-toed shoes and sunscreen are a must! Youth will return to the Moore County office for lunch and will have Elizabeth Lynch, 2022 Miss West Virginia and agriculture advocate, Zoom in for their keynote speaker. After lunch, youth will have 10 rotating stations to visit that will explore various careers and topics of agriculture including beekeeping, dairy, plant propagation, marketing, and more! Enrollment space is limited to 10 youth.
When: July 17th, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. (Campers will be dropped off and picked up at the Chatham County Cooperative Extension office in Pittsboro. Extension staff will provide transportation to/from the Moore County Extension office.)
Where: Chatham County Cooperative Extension office (1192 US Hwy 64W Business, Pittsboro, NC 27312)
Cost: $20 (Cost includes lunch and snacks. Limited number of need-based scholarships are available; please inquire with the Cooperative Extension/4-H office for more information on how to apply.)
Who: Youth ages 8-14
What: Accredited by the American Camping Association, youth will travel to Reidsville, NC to spend a fun-filled week at the BJP 4-H Educational Center. Campers will take part in swimming, canoeing, environmental education programs, ropes courses, archery, horseback riding, crafts, and much, much more! Enrollment space is limited.
When: July 30th – August 4th; Campers will report to the Chatham County Agriculture & Conference Center (1192 US Hwy 64W Business, Pittsboro, NC 27312) to depart for Reidsville with transportation provided by Chatham County 4-H.
Where: BJP 4-H Educational Center (Reidsville, NC) **Note: Transportation to/from BJP 4-H Camp will be provided by Chatham County 4-H. Campers must arrive on-site at the Chatham County Agriculture & Conference Center on Sun., July 30th for transport. Campers will be picked up from the Chatham County Agriculture & Conference Center on Fri., August 4th.**
Cost: $400 (Limited number of need-based scholarships are available; please inquire with the Cooperative Extension/4-H office for more information on how to apply. Registration fee covers all expenses for the week: transportation, food, crafts, insurance, t-shirt, and $15 in camp store funds.)
How to Register for Camps:
- You must be enrolled in 4-HOnline 2.0 to register for camp. If you have not yet enrolled, please visit our 4-HOnline 2.0 information page on how to successfully do this. (As an added bonus, enrolled members get instant notifications to register for county events – like summer camps – and much more!) 4-H membership is FREE and is now required to participate in county 4-H programs. If you are not interested in joining a 4-H club, that is no problem. Just make sure to select “Chatham Members At Large” as your club selection in 4-HOnline.
- After completing 4-HOnline enrollment, 4-H staff will approve your initial enrollment which will allow you to see the available camp offerings for Summer 2023.
- Log back into your 4-HOnline account and scroll to the bottom to see the summer camp opportunities for this year. **There are several summer opportunities, so make sure you click on the “event” link on the left side of the page to see the complete list of events.** After choosing your camp event selections, 4-H staff will be able to approve your camp registration(s) based on space availability.
- Payment (and additional medical paperwork for BJP Residential 4-H Camp) should be remitted to the Cooperative Extension/4-H office at 1192 US Hwy 64W Business, Suite 400, Pittsboro, NC 27312. Payment and paperwork can be dropped off in-person between the hours of 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Mon.- Fri. or mailed to the address above. Checks should be made payable to Chatham County 4-H. If you are seeking assistance from a need-based scholarship, please consult the linked letter/application form and contact Bobbie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ginger (email@example.com) for additional information/help.
- ONLY after 4-HOnline enrollments have been approved, additional paperwork received (BJP Camp only), and payment submitted to the 4-H office, are campers formally registered for camp. Staff are unable to hold spaces for youth who have not completed all registration steps. Cooperative Extension staff will send you a confirmation email to acknowledge a spot has been secured for you for summer camp, along with a camp confirmation packet and guardian welcome letter.
- We look forward to seeing you this summer!
NC State University and N.C. A&T State University commit themselves to positive action to secure equal opportunity and prohibit discrimination and harassment regardless of age, color, disability, family and marital status, genetic information, national origin, political beliefs, race, religion, sexual identity (including pregnancy), and veteran status. NC State, N.C. A&T, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and local governments cooperating. Persons with disabilities and persons with limited English proficiency may request accommodations to participate by contacting Ginger Cunningham, County Extension Director, at 919.542.8202, firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person at the County Extension Office at least 30 days prior to the event.